- Ben and Eric performed the Imbolc ritual over Zoom
- Brandon, Shelley, Sequoia, Ren, Ben and a few guests came together to celebrate the Solstice with a Pagan-inspired play about the rebirth of the Sun.
- Eric and Ben performed the double crossover ritual over Skype.
- Brandon, Shelley, Sequoia, Ren, and Eric gathered to celebrate the Equinox by walking through a dark cold lava tube under Mount Saint Helen's and then walking an equal distance in the light and warmth above ground.
- Eric and Ben performed a ritual to celebrate Moon Day 50.
- Brandon, Eric, Ben, Patrick, Nick and Michelle gathered in person in Potland and Eganville with a connection between the two sites via Skype and shared Sushi and Storytelling.
- Ben and Eric celebrated the moment of Solstice on Skype
- Ben and Shawn joined the Sanders family Solstice celebration in Portland
- The founder of the Reform Pagans joined Eric and the Sanders for a Fall Equinox celebration on Skype
- The Sanders family participated in an Earth Day mulching party on a wetland riverbank, leading Brandon to reconsider his role in SolSeed and as a parent.
- We went on Imbolc/Riverrain hikes in Portland, Seattle, and Gatineau, and held Mexican dinner outings in both Portland and Ottawa
- Shawn joined SolSeed and participated in the Sanders' Solstice party, featuring the third annual performance of The Rebirth of the Sun.
- Ben and Brandon held the third annual Space Elevator Solstice at the Sanders home.
- Workbee in Hoyt Arboretum, Tree planting at Buckleberry
- Riverrain hike in Tryon Creek State Park in Oregon, Skating outing in Ottawa on the Rideau Canal, Mexican dinner outings in both Portland and Ottawa, Terra Mystica - Fire and Ice in Ottawa.
- We held our second annual Space Elevator Solstice in Portland and Gatineau. This time we built two climbers and a conveyor-belt elevator.
- On July 1, we joined John and his daughter Katya for the first event in the new Earthseed Wheel of the Year, the Festival of the Teacher.
- On Saturday the 6th, Brandon, Shelley, Sequoia, Ren, and Ben went on a Riverain hike in Portland with old and new friends, including Ted and his family. Then we went to dinner with Ben's parents and Keith Lofstrom at a Mexican place that serves deep-fried ice cream.
- On Saturday the 19th, we held the first Space Elevator Solstice in Redmond, with all of our Contributing Members (Eric and Patrick joined via Skype from Gatineau), space-elevator luminaries Michael Laine and Bryan Laubscher, and people from Ben's sci-fi book club.
- Eric, Michelle, and Patrick moved to a new home in Gatineau, right next to the immense urban forest of Gatineau Park.
- On Saturday the 8th through Monday the 10th, we held our first annual Shiny Green Festival in Portland with all of the SolSeed Contributing Members and friends both old and new, including Michelle Saumur, Keith Lofstrom, and John, Ruth, Katya, and William Halstead.
- We started developing a Kickstarter campaign to fund the production of human-sized versions of Oberon Zell's Millennial Gaia statue.
- Eric started work on his concept for a tree-climbing robot that could graft fruit-tree limbs onto existing trees in a forest.
- Ben started working on the SolSeed History page to help share the story of our first ten years with members and friends.
- We celebrated the Spring Equinox with our third annual SolSeed Storytelling and Sushi Feast. (Eric has been holding these for much longer.)
- Ben traveled with Lion, a long-time friend of SolSeed, to visit the Windward intentional community in southern Washington State.
- John completed the Gaia's Heartbeat song and started work on the accompanying video.
- For the Winter Solstice, we invited two teachers from a company called Music Together to lead us in a series of sing-alongs, including dancing and instruments such as drums and “jingle bells” that everyone could play.
- We returned to the first liturgical season, Genesis, which uses the original opening ritual developed back in 2010.
- On the Fall Equinox, Brandon, Shelley, Sequoia, Ren, and Ben went on a hike and had a picnic dinner at Bridal Veil Falls in the Columbia Gorge.
- Eric's family had an equinox dinner where each food item combined dark and light colors to represent the balance of day and night on the Equinox.
- We established a SolSeed "liturgical year" that will have eight separate rituals for our Weekly Service Calls, and started using the new ritual for Viventibus Mundos (Living Worlds), the seventh of the eight "liturgical seasons."
- John and Will completed the final draft of the SolSeedSong!
- John and Will completed the first draft of the SolSeedSong.
- We held the 2013 Vision/Purpose Retreat on Skype to talk about what SolSeed is all about and what our primary statement of purpose should look like (or if we should have more than one!)
- We held rocket launching events for the Winter Solstice, one in Portland and one in Ottawa.
- Ben finished the SolSeedSong lyrics and sent them to John and Will.
- Brandon got partial a hard copy of the SolSeed book printed so we could see what it would look like.
- Ben is presenting a talk at the We the People Power Festival on the 16th in Seattle.
- We're holding our fifth big unconference retreat, Sol 2012, starting on the Summer Solstice at the the Oregon coast.
- We're also holding our first ever Summer Solstice triathlon in Portland, YayLifeTri, along with Eric's companion event in Ottawa.
- The first SolSeed Meetups involve a sit-down dinner and then a Symphony of Science movie-watching party.
- Join us for the Longest Night Festival, Tuesday December 21, 2010 at the Seed Village. Email Shelley for details.
- We reserved a table at Norwescon!
- We held the second SolSeed Service, featuring an equinox-themed celebration and discussion of Balance, including a fun children's activity and followed by a potluck.
- The first SolSeed Service was a big success, with music, poetry, and discussion centered around the idea of Empathy.
- A warm welcome to all the great people we met at OryCon 31!
- Longest Night Festival
- When: Dec. 19-21, 2009 (Saturday-Monday)
- What: OpenSpace event followed by a Solstice Party on Monday night
- Planning has begun for our next face-to-face event, the Longest Night Festival, to take place in Portland December 19-21!
- Ben has belatedly uploaded some Sol 2009 photos to start the Sol 2009 Photo Gallery. Who knows, he might post his handwritten notes from the sessions anytime now.
- We now have a OnePagePlan for the last quarter of 2009 and beyond.
- We have reserved a table at OryCon!
- Jillian joins the movement.
- Paul joins the movement.
- Sol 2009 is getting close to being scheduled for July 4 to 6, 2009 (change of tentative dates).
- Bertie joins the movement.
- "SolSeed: Pick a Future" music video trailer posted (currently down while we wait for permission to use the music)
- Alex joins the movement.
- Ted joins the movement.
- Joy joins the movement.
- It's the final day for Seed 2009. We've had LOTS of amazing discussions, met some remarkable people, and as we come to a close we are refining our vision for the future of The Movement. Notes from our open sessions are available here if you'd like to read, reflect upon, or remember our time together.
- Seed 2009 is underway! Most of us have arrived, and we are gearing up for the official opening ceremonies - as well as preparing for our first OpenSpace sessions. You can check out the Seed 2009 Photo Gallery and view the happenings as we post some pictures.
- Seed 2009 is just days away. It's a new year, a time for new beginnings, and hopefully lots of new friends!
- Seed 2009 registrations coming, and folks are buying plane tickets!
Planning has commenced for Seed 2009, a retreat and openspace event for SolSeed members and friends. Email Brandon to join the planning process. Tentative dates:
Dec 31, Jan 1-3 in Government Camp, Oregon. Stay tuned for details!
- I would like to bring to the attention of the members of the Solseed Movement, the Space Settlement section of the website of the National Space Society. Nearly all material concerning Space Settlement (almosty 20,000 pages), that is not proprietary or classified, is included. http://www.nss.org/settlement/