SolSeed < SolSeedMovement
From the SolSeedCreed
- We believe that:
Members of the SolSeedMovement are united by a single tenet: Life is Precious. We invite you to join our community. The SolSeedMovement exists to support all people who believe that life is precious.
The SolSeedMovement is a practical philosophy, a praxis, a way of being in community with the body of all life. We are a coalition of diverse people brought together by the core values that we all share. Rather than spend our energy on questions of faith, politics, or policy that too often divide us, we are working out what it means to live our shared truth, beauty, and values.
Working alone, we can each have an impact on our local community, but working together we can change the world!
The SolSeed Movement is a "Truth, Beauty, and Values Movement":
- The SolSeed movement is a TruthMovement because it pursues truth (i.e., the concepts that best model observable reality) via the scientific method. (See Wisdom.)
- The SolSeed movement is a BeautyMovement because it embraces the power of human passion and seeks to encourage it through the development of the arts. (See SelfLove.)
- The SolSeed movement is a ValuesMovement because it cultivates moral behavior that is grounded on the assertion that all life is precious and good. (See Empathy.)
Please feel warmly invited to join us in shaping the body of all life into a community of sharing that cares for each of us.
- Follow the SolSeedMovement Activity on AboutUs.org!
- Help organize the movement
- You are warmly invited to begin a discussion in the comments section, or to comment anywhere in the page.
- The SolSeed Movement is in "alpha". We are still working out the goals, direction, and shape of our movement. This is an exciting time to join, participate, and be a builder. Your influence and ideas are welcomed and needed!
- Seed 2009 planning is underway. Join us Jan 8-11 2009!
The Discipline entry under Related Topics needs to be filled in.
- + The Sabbath and Sowing entries need to be filled in. Perhaps these should be moved to the Religion and SolSeed pages?
- + The SolSeedMovementMember category is not listing all users who have signed in under JoinTheMovement. Needs to be addressed.
- + Stubs need to be created for all categories under "Institutions and Tangibles".
- + ValueJudgement under ValuesMovement points to a page that doesn't exist yet. Need to either create the page or revise the statement.
- + The SolSeedVision is currently a draft of the creed. We need to articulate the vision of this movement. This is a large group task. I'd like to have some input from members in SolSeedComments or organize in order to address this.
- + Idea for refactoring: SolSeed is more than just a movement--depending on what a prospective member wants from it, it can also be viewed as a community, a philosophy, and/or a dynamic set of scripture that can be added without conflict to any type of faith (including atheism). Please comment on this at SolSeedFacets.
- The SolSeedVision
- SolSeed and Religion
- GaiaEarthseed and the SolSeedMovement (historical)
- Human attributes and abilities that should be nurtured and balanced
- SolSeed and the Human Being (the SolSeedAnthropology)
- Institutions and tangibles that the SolSeedMovement will set up to enable its members
Planning has commenced for Seed 2009, a retreat and openspace event for SolSeed members and friends. Email Brandon to join the planning process. Tentative dates:
The following is a list of people, groups, ideas and other things that are somehow connected to the SolSeedMovement.