The eighth and final Liturgical Season, Viventibus Galaxia (Living Galaxies), stretches from mid-fall to the Winter Solstice. It covers the far future. When life spreads from planet to planet and then star to star. Humanity may be left behind. Humanity may adaptively radiate. Life from Earth will probably encounter other biospheres, and hopefully embrace them in communion. Life may become such a powerful force that it controls the paths of stars, slingshotting them around each other so that entire systems are thrust toward other galaxies. The four great advances of this time are colonies, interstellar life, contact between biospheres, and intergalactic life. This version of the ceremony is designed to work with Repartum as the previous season. If you are still using Viventibus Mundos as the previous season then check the history tab for a version of this season which works with that.
Here is the opening ceremony for the Weekly Service Calls during this season:
- Nothing ... still ... Nothing.
- And then ... <gasp> ... Something!
- Space! Time! Energy! Matter! Gravity!
- Galaxies coalesce.
- In one celestial nursery, Sol is born.
- (Light a candle for Sol)
- Sol's story has begun, but it is only the beginning.
- The story continues with life taking the next great leap,
- Spreading to nearby stars to clothe their naked worlds with blue-green biospheres
- Where Life's upward spiral supports all starfaring creatures.
<light second candle the first week and one more each week through the season.>
- Through practice, starflight becomes nature.
- Now it is in the nature of Life to proliferate across the stars,
- Green fire flowering as it flows across our immense galaxy!
- (Light some alcohol in a galaxy-shaped indentation in a clay plate, with powdered boric acid to make a green flame)
- In our journeys, Earthlings encounter other life.
- Beings and biospheres as precious as we,
- Joining us as fellow travelers on the great upward spiral.
- (After the green fire dies down, do an upward-spiral gesture starting with your finger over the galactic center)
- Then comes intergalactic life!
- Shaping entire star systems.
- Sailing them across the great gulfs between the galaxies,
- Bringing those galaxies fully alive!
- (Set a candle drifting from one side of a large water-filled container to the other)
- Colonies, starflight, contact, living galaxies
- From something ... Something else!