The fifth Liturgical Season runs from the summer solstice to mid summer (approximately August 4th) and covers the rise of intelligence. What are the major advances during this period. Warm blooded-ness, social interaction, tool use, language?
- We gather to mark the passing of a week
- To align our hearts as one.
(Light the Sol candle)
- Instinct ... still ... instinct ...
- And then ... <gasp> ... a spark!
- Amidst the growing diversity of SolSeed,
- a new attribute emerges,
(hold a picture of a plant on cardboard (or other representation of a plant(s)) in front of your face and then rise up from behind it and look around expressing surprise, awe and/or curiosity)
- In the lush green forests, minds are born.
- And for every mind ... there is a story!
(open a book motion)
- So many stories...
- Our stories begin with warm blood, endothermy,
- The constancy that lets delicate brain cells flower!
(use prayer hands to hold a flower to your forehead)
- Next comes society, groups living together.
- Both a shaper of behaviour
- and the environment in which behaviour can be taught.
(Everyone hold hands. If there is a connection via Skype then each person or group can reach toward the screen (one person from each end of the chain for groups) and imagine taking the hands of the other people on Skype.)
- Then comes tool use!
- The sharp teeth and claws we needn't grow.
- The hands with which we reach for the stars!
(Make the sign-language sign for rocket ship , then raise your arm high, keeping your fingers pointed up. As your hand reaches zenith open it and change it to a grasping motion)
(Everyone say these words together)
- Finally, humans begin to speak!
- Turning knowledge into a shareable resource,
- freely available to all learning children.
- Warm blood. Society. Tools. Speech.
- From instinct ... a spark!