Starting with Space and working back to Here and Now: What do we want for Community?
All of our SolSeed OpenSpace events have had a theme:
This year at Seed 2011 we'll be starting with Space and working back to here and now ... what do we want for community?
- If you could build any living situation (community or otherwise) for yourself ... what would you build?
- What would your community look like on Earth?
- What if your community were a spaceship?
- How can we live this vision here and now?
- How can we support one another in living our values?
Serenity Lodge on Mount Hood, about 1 hour from Portland.
Check-in 3 pm on Friday, Feb 4; check-out 11 am on Monday, Feb 7
What to bring:
- Must carry chains or snow tires. For current road conditions, try TripCheck
- Snow clothes
- Sleds, skis, and other snow gear
- Swimming suit for the hot tub
- SLIPPERS or warm socks, as the lodge is a shoe-free zone
- Snacks for day trips or between meals (we'll provide 3 hearty vegetarian meals a day)
- For kids -- sleeping bag and mat
The lodge sleeps 12 adults. We're hoping kids will think it's fun to bring their own sleeping bags and mats. Email Shelley with questions.
There are 6 (and only 6) spaces for cars available. No street parking. Please carpool (see Transportation below).
There are three phones, satellite internet and TV service, as well as DVDs, games, and puzzles.
Discounted lift tickets for Timberline are available. You will pay $44 for Adult and $35 for Youth. Email Shelley by January 16 to secure your tickets.
No pets. Sorry!
The official openspace event will run February 5, 6, and a half day on February 7, 2011. For more details see the schedule.
You are welcome to come up Friday, February 4. Check-in is 3 pm.
Space is limited to 12 adults and therefore this event is by invitation only.
We'll be cooking all our own food. Vegetarian and yummy! See Seed 2011/Food for more info.
- Add your sessions and notes to the Seed 2011/Agenda