Psalm of Solstice
Psalm of Solstice is the first song in the Hymnody of Earth, written by Malcolm Dalglish (although most of the lyrics in the Hymnody are by poet Wendell Berry). The song begins with beautiful a hammer-dulcimer solo evoking cold gusts of wind. The lyrics are sung first in Latin and then in English.
- Gazing out into the skies
- on the eve of the longest night.
- Here we dream with open eyes
- on the eve of a holy night.
- Choirs of stars, high in the air,
- Shine like some amazing silent prayer.
- The Earth is still and calm.
- Everyone can hear the Psalm.
Ben put together this simple sheet music to help us sing the song at the Longest Night Masquerade.