October 2010 Newsletter
The days are getting shorter, but we're not slowing down! In fact there are lots of exciting plans for the fourth quarter, but first let's look at the past month:
- We renewed a connection with Paul Burney, a starfarer from Maine who owns the webpage at Earthseed.org (check it out).
- The eco-village tour: Molly took us to five fascinating eco-village/cohousing sites across East Portland. For details, check out the wiki page.
- The Equinox Celebration went well, with deep thoughts, a fun story, and good food. Also, we are now meeting briefly each week to build tradition and strengthen our commitment to Life and The Destiny. Ping Shelley@SolSeed.org if you'd like to participate, in person or by webcam.
- Books: Kevin finished lettering the children's book! Also, we met our 3rd-quarter goal for progress on the bigger book, which has reached a total of 7,874 words.
Big plans for 4th quarter:
- Finish the books!
- Incorporate a business and maybe a nonprofit (or church?)
- Find and interview potential SolSeed Eco-Village members
- Big Solstice celebration and unconference
- Recruit more people to help work on all this great stuff!
Thanks for reading!
P.S. To unsubscribe, just reply and ask me to take you off the list.