Longest Night Festival
This is the page for the 2009 event. For the 2010 event of the same name, see Solstice2010.
- WikiVanning Mind Dump
- Presenting Ourselves
- Server Sky and Launch Loop Discussion
- The Decision
- SolSeed Village as Incubator
- SolSeed Services
- Bootstrapping Enterprises Scheming
- Questioning Core Assumptions
- Solstice Party Ritual Planning
- Example Session
- add your session here.
Winter is generally a time for reflection, for the incubation of new ideas, and for deepening our inner selves. But the SolSeedMovement is at a place where we're ready to do more than just discuss and reflect. We have a OnePagePlan ready, and it's time to get into action.
Join friends and members of SolSeed for the Longest Night Festival Open Space. Tentative theme: "Who are we becoming? What are we doing next?"
When: Dec. 19-21, 2009 (Saturday-Monday) Opening circle is at 9am on Saturday
Open Space Invitation
The Winter Solstice is a turning point, and the SolSeedMovement is at a turning point as well. After a hugely successful year of bringing people together to talk about big ideas, we're energized and ready to turn toward our ambitious goal of building an Intentional Society aimed toward fulfilling TheDestiny.
But while we have written an outline of what we want to do, the essence of the SolSeedMovement is collaborative, and we want everyone's input on how we move forward. During the Longest Night Festival Open Space, we hope to have sessions focused around everything from general philosophy to specific planning and making actual progress on SolSeedProjects.
Example session ideas:
- How should we present ourselves to the world?
- Design ideas for the SolSeedVillage
- Planning session for starting a space-related engineering company
- Collaborative writing session for the SolSeed book
If that all sounds like too much work, remember that the contents of the agenda at an OpenSpace is up to all of the participants, so feel free to schedule some just-for-fun sessions as well.
If you are planning to attend, please add yourself to the participants list below.
Open Space participants
- Brandon CS Sanders, Portland OR
- Shelley Schoepflin Sanders, Portland OR
- Ben Sibelman, Bellevue, WA
- Arthur Brock, Denver CO (arriving Sat. evening)
- Mickki Langston, Denver CO (arriving Sat. evening)
- Keith Lofstrom, Beaverton OR
- Charles Radley, Portland OR ** sorry I cannot make, I have just worked a 51 hour week and I am fried.
Longest Night Festival Party Invitation
December 21 marks this year's Winter Solstice, the Longest Night of the year in the Northern Hemisphere. After the Longest Night, each night gets progressively shorter until the Summer Solstice.
Join us for a party and some simple rituals that honor the deep white silence of winter and celebrate the promise of the sun's return.
Kids are welcome. We'll be lighting candles, singing carols, and roasting veggie dogs over an outdoor yule log.
If you'd like alcohol, feel free to bring it. We'll be serving hot cocoa, "unspiked" cider, egg nog, and other traditional holiday fare.
- Where: Shelley and Brandon's house, 1824 SE Oak St, Portland OR 97214
- When: 6 pm to midnight, Monday, December 21, 2009 (come and go as you like)
- Who: All of our friends and families -- the more the merrier -- please pass the invitation along!
- Contribute: Email Shelley if you'd like to help out with food, drink, decorations, ritual planning, etc.