January 14, 2018: Business Call
- Check in
- Opening Blessing
- Weekly event logistics
- Review WWWs
- Review agenda
- Do we want to do a calendar
- Critical Mass in Portland … experiments and next steps
- Workbee: Write the Meetup Invitations for Riverrain (RockSolidFrozenRiver)
- Closing Blessing
Next business call
- Year Plan
- Create Meetup invitation for Equinox
- SolSeed Creed
- New Videos
- Shawn … I messed up (can’t tell if it is my phone or me) broke my 4:30 AM streak. I got a lot of books in. I was writing a lot about complexity and realized I don’t know what I’m talking about. How the world became complex. I’m going to educate myself.
- Eric … I’m going to have a date with Michelle today and that date will be at a crafting kind of place and may result in gifts for people who are in SolSeed. So I’m excited about that.
- Brandon … I've been in a little bit of a funk here and I think it has to do with feeling like my time is just not my own. I am letting myself get used up on things and not having time that I feel is my own and then feeling when I get some I feel have to do more work than is reasonable. I need to chart a course forward. I need to start a habit, perhaps a gratitude habit, something that gets me to a positive space.
We come together to explore new ways of doing work, to seek new paths to beautiful futures, to find paths that speak to us. May our time together be fruitful in pathfinding. --Blessed Be
Weekly Events Logistics
- Service rotation: Eric, Ben, Shawn, Brandon, Rico, Shelley
- Jan 20th Service: 8:30 AM PDT / 11:30 EDT … Brandon
- Jan 21st Business Call: 8:30 AM PDT / 11:30 EDT
Date: February 3rd 20:21 (PST) / 23:21 (EST)
- Ottawa … skating, fajitas/deep-fried ice cream and games?
- Portland … hike in Tryon ending with deep-fried ice cream dinner and games?
- Brandon … Reach out to Rico and see whether Shawn, Rico, and Brandon can meet for lunch … by Monday
- Shawn … Create a Google SolSeed calendar we can share.
WW(W)s from last time
Ben … update the SolSeedCreed call and response … by today
Brandon … Talk to Shelley about how to maintain energy through holidays next year and put more into Solstice and Space Elevator celebrations
- Brandon … Get Gaia.wiki online
Do we want to do a calendar
- Brandon: Do-ocracy it
- Eric: I’m the do but there are a lot of things I am interested in doing but I would only really want to do this if people are really interested in it.
- Shawn: I find that I don’t refer to it
- Shawn: How about creating a SolSeed shared (Google?) calendar? That we can use.
Critical Mass in Portland … experiments and next steps
- Brandon Black hat: I am afraid of an in person weekly event because of what it could cost and what missing it could mean.
- Brandon: Yellow hat: I am also excited about it because I know that the people you see are habit forming.
- Brandon: Red Hat: But I am afraid of success and what that could mean in terms of risk to SolSeed.
- Green Hat:
- Open weekly service to more people
- Laughing Planet Workbee (eat, and work on your projects like the SELP program)
- Daily meditation session open to public
- Podcast about Religion or Purpose or Collapse or ... (can also include remote participants)
- Visit a different “friend” group every week (e.g., PSAS, Trackers, Rewilding, Portland X-Humans, CFI, etc)
- Weekly Gaian volunteering (e.g., trail maintenance, ivy pulling, etc)
- Weekly Service volunteering (e.g., soup kitchens etc)
- Makerspace projects … prep for a mini-maker faire booth
- Discussion of strategy (Blue Hat?):
- Brandon: pre-trans fallacy: for example noble savage concept: someone who has been part of civilizations but has decided to become a hermit; there may be a lot of similarity between that and people who have never been part of civilization. People who are neither pre nor trans may think they are the same. There are conventional people who are in it and so that is the only view is possible. There are pre conventional people who are not been part of it; and can do all sorts of non-conventional things. Then there are the trans-conventional people who know the conventions but reject them. This is what Brandon is interested in. Not the pre-conventional people. Most of the kind of thing we would see Santo Daime are pre-conventional.
- Brandon: I wonder if we couldn't do some scouting together and create an attractor like a podcast.
- Shawn: Podcasts could be good, does anyone here have experience doing podcasts?
- Brandon: I have a successful podcast but Ted carries it.
- Shawn: Could Ted help with SolSeed podcast
- Brandon: Ted is a friend who is a friend of solseed.
- Shawn: Maybe Ted could help me learn to do the podcast
- Brandon: Video is a lot more work
- Shawn: Video is a lot more effective. But yes a lot more work. Let's do audio first.
- Brandon: I find in myself an excitement and, something that I have felt before, urgency that comes from holding onto Shawn's new energy too tightly. I think that is incorrect, that what we have is either durable or not and that grabbing it urgently won't change that, and so I want to hold onto Shawn's energy with a more open hand.
- Eric: I am here, and here is where I’m going to be.. I have no fear that this will cease to be a part of my life, or that I will cease to be a part of it… I know at a very deep level that this, whatever we’re going to call it (solseed/gaia’s people/foundation) will evolve and I am eager to be part of that evolution and I’m eager for Buckleberry to be part of that evolution.
- Shawn: I hear what Brandon is saying and I feel that energy and am excited and I have a fear for myself that I might lose interest if we don’t do something concrete. I also feel like that is inaccurate … you have been doing this for so long. I’m just projecting my own experience of waxing/waning over time. These different ideas are just manifestations of this baseline core understanding of what we are doing here. And that I feel is in alignment. But I do want to get stuff done because it is exciting and fun.
We have walked on a path where the destination turns out to be different than we expected at the start of our call. It reminds us that the journey is what we seek. May we find may we be companions on a profound journey., -- Blessed Be