December 3, 2017: Business Call and Work Bee
- Check in
- Opening Blessing
- Review WWWs
- Year Plan: Winter Solstice
- Weekly event logistics
- Work bee
- Ben: Buckleberry Dedication page
- Eric: mask for the Longest Night Masquerade
- Brandon: transferring Gaia.wiki to its new home
- Closing Blessing
Next business call
- SolSeed Creed
- New Videos
- Strategic Planning
- Eric: I'll be managing two fewer people at work, but at a higher level, starting tomorrow. It's nice because I'll be able to focus on fewer things and do them better...less juggling.
- Brandon: I slept 11 hours last night. Not certain how my psyche is but I am well rested.
- Ben: Spent yesterday getting the lay of the land. Somewhat encouraging, somewhat discouraging.
We may be the only intelligent life in our galaxy. This may even be likely. In this less vibrant outlook lie threads of optimism. May we take this responsibility seriously. May we find hope in the idea that the Great Filter lies in our past. May we do work in service to that Cosmos from which we spring. --Blessed Be
WW(W)s from last time
Brandon … get the SolSeed wiki back up, and look into making it more reliable … by next workbee
- Brandon … redirect space.wiki to spacewiki.com … by next workbee
- Brandon … get gaia.wiki up after the transfer … by next workbee
Ben … get some pictures together for the newsletter … by next call
Shelley … send us some photos from the Fall Equinox … by next call
Eric … Don’t forget to be awesome … ongoing
- Eric ... Start writing a script for the sixth Waking that Cosmic Religious Feeling video ... retroactive
- Eric ... Order clay to enhance my Viventibus Galaxia plate ... retroactive
- Ben … finish the wiki page for the gathering in Canada … by next call
- Ben … finish and send out the newsletter … by next call
- Ben … email Walt about methanol … today
- Eric … Don’t forget to be awesome … ongoing
- Eric ... Do stuff and then claim it as a WWW retroactively ... by 15 minutes into the next meeting.
- Eric ... Sort lego ... by 15 minutes into the space elevator event.
- Shelley … send Ben a couple more photos for the newsletter … by today
- Shelley … send invitations to the Longest Night Masquerade
- Brandon … finish the Gaia.wiki transfer
Thursday, December 21, 8:28 AM PST / 11:28 EST
- Space Elevator climbers event: maybe around the new year? Or the weekend of the 16th and 17th?
- Ben has a strong preference for doing this in Portland on the new year
- Eric is fine with celebrating with us from Gatineau as long as we're done before midnight EST (9 PM PST) or do it on Saturday the 30th
- The Sanders might want to go to Seattle for something else, but Brandon doesn't want to
- Holly King/Queen play on Wednesday the 20th
- Need to send invitations … get Shelley excited about it and on board
- Family will sleep by the tree and Yule log
- The Saumurs would like to use their fireplace but it sucks
- Ben might be able to join in person if he makes 2 trips to Portland
- Eric could make a mask and participate via Skype, as long as it ends by 11 PM EST (8 PM PST)
- Themes: holly leaves (robust to survive the winter), red berries and flames (people bringing light and warmth during the cold time), silver and black (the night)
Weekly Events Logistics
- Service rotation: Eric, Ben, Brandon, Rico, Shelley
- Dec 9 Service: 8:30 AM PDT / 11:30 EDT … Eric
- Dec 10 Business Call: 8:30 AM PDT / 11:30 EDT
- Eric … I don't understand why I sometimes resist coming to business meetings, because they are deeply satisfying. I think it's like working out … I avoid it, but when I do it, I feel good.
- Ben … I am really looking forward to finishing the newsletter and celebrating the solstice
- Brandon ... I prefer work bees to business calls so today was great. I would add business calls in after work bees as a thing we do.
It may be debatable whether there is intelligent life in our Galaxy, us included. But if we are the best representatives of Life, then let us take that responsibility seriously. We came together, focused on the direction of our efforts. May we find that we pushed in the right direction. And may we continue to push in the right direction. -- Blessed Be